- What is an eTextbook?
- An eTextbook is a digital, downloadable version of a printed paper textbook. eTextbooks have become a more affordable and practical option over the heavy and more expensive printed textbooks. eTextbook readers have interactive features that allow for a more engaging reading experience than with print textbooks.
- What devices can I read an eTextbook on?
- Read your textbooks on any computer, tablet or mobile phone. Format file is compatible with both Macs and PCs as well as iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Chromebook devices.
- Can I access my eTextbook on more than one device?
- Yes. You will be able to download and access your eTextbook onto 2 computers AND 2 mobile devices using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) app.
- Can I print my eTextbook?
- Restrictions around the use of copy & paste and printing are set by the publisher on a title by title basis.
- You can view the restrictions on the Product Details page for the title purchased.
- Do I have to be connected to the internet to read my eTextbook?
- No. You can access 100% of your eTextbooks without an internet connection.
- To access your eTextbooks offline, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) app onto your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- What is the difference between an ePub and a PDF?
- There are two different types of electronic textbooks sold in the our store: Reflowable Textbooks and Page-Fidelity books.
- Reflowable Textbook (EPUB)
- Reflowable textbooks do not maintain the layout of a traditional bound book. The text is responsive, so the font size can be easily adjusted no matter the size of the screen. These books conform to EPUB 3 industry standards.
- Page-Fidelity Textbook (PDF)
- The Page-Fidelity textbook maintains the look and feel of a bound book – the text is fixed and the screen size determines the size of the text.
- Both types of eBooks support a wide range of features, including but not limited to: notes, highlights, text to speech, printing, syncing across devices, and more.
- Information about the book’s format is available on the Product Details page for that title in the our store. You may locate a title using our global search feature.
Cengage code orders cannot be canceled or refunded. If you have technical difficulty with a product, please contact us.
Canceling Orders for Downloadable PDFs
Once the PDF is available for Our products, the order cannot be canceled. Downloadable PDFs are also non-returnable. All PDF sales are final.